Here is an example of my design process, walking through a logo designed for "the Collaborative."
The Collaborative is a space that connects academics with teachers in primary and secondary education, to encourage dialogue and collaboration between the two. For this identity, we wanted to create something simple that evoked feelings of community, and multiple people working together to create something more.
- process 1: Exploring font options. There would be some research during this stage as well.
- Process 2: Exploring some options for a logomark, and introducing some colour.
- We wanted something that can be used as part of the wordmark, and as a standalone logomark.
- Process 3: Variations based off of feedback from phase 2.
- In this case we wanted to work with more abstract shapes, like a circle and many parts completing the whole.
- Process 4: Finalizing colour on an accepted design.
-Styling sheet: In this project, I was simply to provided some basic styling recommendations for a very basic website and colours they can use for branding materials.
- Here are a few examples of other completed designs.
Ami is a graphic designer and illustrator in Toronto.
In her spare time she likes drawing (a lot of cats really) and making her own books and comics.
Do you have a project, a few questions, or just want to say hello?
I'd love to hear from you.